Friday, September 24, 2010

Scout's Birthday

I acquired Scout on 7 October last year, and she was between 10 and 14 days old at the time, so I’m going to arbitrarily choose today as Scout’s birthday. I invited Jordan and Blakey over this afternoon to celebrate. As you can see, I was the only one who got into the spirit. I made a special iTunes playlist with Cat Power, Cat Stevens and Cat Empire, and Scout peed on Blakey’s foot. Jordan felt ridiculous from the get-go. Scout ate her food stingily, jumped off the table, and spent the rest of her party shredding paper towels.  It was all to be expected.

Sorry for the short post today, but enjoy the photos. I hope you're well.


Hanging out on the power brick.


Laying in the lap.


First trip to the vet.


Imprisoned with Jenga blocks.


Grooming on Phil's back.


Solving puzzles of skill.


On the kitchen floor with favorite toy: toilet paper roll.


Today in front of the screen door.

4 comments:

Jane said...

That top photo makes me laugh. Blakey looks like "Help,get me out of here", Jordon's sentiments seem apparent, Scout could care less and there you are in your own little happy world.
Love the cat hat too.

Arseneault Family said...

Happy Birthday Scout!! Glad you have such a good home!! I would have celebrated with more enthusiasm myself! ;) I would have brought Scout some fish from the market!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Scout! I love the montage... she's grown so much.

Dad said...

A birthday party for the cat. I'm surprised you didn't photoshop your uncle Del in the background with his cat. It's time to come home....